World Team in San Francisco

World Team in San Francisco
Escape

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Reflections on Last weeks Race 2008 Escape.






It's so good to be home and back in your Comfort Zone but last Weeks World TX Team Adventure is way High up on My Ricter Scale of Epic Fun. Getting out of town is always tough.
My son Billy drove me to the Airport. Me, my Bike Pro Case, uniforms for 20 and all the stuff I normally travel with.We invited the right Friends to get involved.
We covered a lot of bases and Had Camera Crews following us in our Journey. Scott Hester with his PBS Documentary. Jacob and others shooting for Local Cable Channel " Alameda Currents." The US Army covering Sgt. John Fairbanks when Major Luten in charge of PR Knew John was a PR Gem of Positive for our Army. And the Bill Wohl Foundation taking HD Video and great digital stills wherever we went.I have begun the Pictorial Story and it is already HUGE!
We came from near and far with Heart, Liver, Kidney, Bone Marrow Transplants.
A Chinese, Philipino, London and Liverpool Runner.SWimmers from Ireland two, Liverpool area, Warrington and Alameda. Cyclists from Palo Alto, Scottsdale, Livermore and Omaha.
Every where we went People would try to read what it said on our Hats, shirts and jackets.
WE DID GOOD!
Ray didn't kill us with his Tour Bus Operator Mentality but we did go all over the Bay Area.
Race Day we all showed up too!
If someone had not taken Stevie's legs World Team I would have been neck and neck with Teams II, III and IV.More then 10 minutes time went by before Steve could run from the St Francis Yacht Club up to Marina Greens.
A personal Perspective: In 2007 I did not have the proper Respect or Awe for this course and Event. I was a little more prepared this year but HUGE GRADES on some of the Cycling Course Hills brought me to my Knees.I managed to Survive and cut almost 5 Minutes off my last years Performance.

No comments: