World Team in San Francisco

World Team in San Francisco
Escape

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

26 th El Tour De Tucson 8,700 Cyclists

Saturday November 22, 2008 was the 26 th El Tour De Tucson.
What a crazy week and weekend!
The Race Expo.
A visit to SynCardia Factory my Race Team Sponsor.
Pick up my new Uniform and visit with Friends.

El Tour De Tucson usually ends my Season but this year in September I knew I was sick. Another Flaming Hoop to Jump through. Now on the good side of dealing with Severe Pulmonary Fibrosis I can begin my next Rehab in preparation for the 2009 Season and World Championships in August in Australia.


The Town of Oro Valley for the Race start at 12:30 PM. Usually starting in the front row I started back in the pack of about 400 Cyclists. Usually one of the first off the line I had to wait and wait as we had to first get to the start line.


Preparing for a turn near the start. Not in the front pack just meant more squirell type cyclists to deal with. There were a few crashes and a bad car and truck accident for several riders. Thank God I circum navigated all of the crashes.

Visiting at the Pre Race Expo with Greg D. my Trek rep as he explaineed about next years 2010 Trek Models with Lance Armstrong Input and imprint.



After the race we played The Wedding Crashers at this little Hispanic Wedding.


Our Buddy Liver TX Dianne Miller one of the top TX Swimmers in the World. As we stayed with John & Dianne Miller in their lovely home in Oro Valley all weekend.

No comments: